Tuesday, June 12, 2012

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Broadcast...to Eat




After my trial tour on the theme of music in South Asian and Southeast Asian Art at the Asian Art Museum of San Francisco, I treated myself to lunch at the new South of Market Invitational Food Truck Court (opposite Costco) and discovered Dosa Republic, who also have a restaurant in San Mateo.

A trio of engaging young men cheerfully discussed with me the history and semantics of the Dosarrito, the "South Indian Burrito."

Now that's what I'm talkin about; it just gets better and better.  And because of the Old Delhi Lamb Dosarrito, all is forgiven.

Not sure how pork belly works into this, but am going to investigate.

1 comment:

VassarGirl said...

Checked out San Mateo restaurant. Terrific! Samosa bites and dosa "tacos, "the jerked pork belly and the terrific strawberry habanero chutney. Want to meet up with the owner-creator-chefs as I love their sense of humor/adventure!