Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bar Agricole, SF

     
     Given I'm passionate about food and art, couldn't resist a visual review of a new-to-me resto.  We'd visited once before with le chef de agricole, my sister, the farming consultant.  Of course the maitre de bent her ear for a good half hour.  The spousal unit loved the drinks menu and treatments, which have won a James Beard award for their sources and originality, I think.
     
     So being on my own for the weekend, I took myself to brunch.  The best part is the #47 bus picks up and drops off within a half block of home and Bar Agricole.  I sat in the garden/patio. Planters of herbs take up half, cement tables for two and groups the other half.  

     Advance student of menus that I am, I knew exactly what I wanted: beef brisket hash with a poached egg, which you see above. Chicory on top for color and flavor.  And a Rebelde (Rhum, mint, lime), for controversial me. Actually two, and a double espresso. Then back on the bus. Poorer in pocket, two paintings richer on iPad, via ArtRage.  All passions accounted for!

No comments: