Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Albany, Oh Albany!


     Thanks to my friends Laurie and Mike, I've never eaten badly in Albany.  If we go in one direction we come to a restaurant called Creo'.  Like my all time favorite restaurant in Worcester, MA, now long gone, it's in a shopping center.  Above, their avocado tart with grilled lobster tail and asparagus.  Something else I miss out west: having to choose between Atlantic Salmon and Irish Salmon. Washed down with a blood orange margarita, I still had to wonder if was back in California.
     If we go in the other direction I eat the Albany Country Club Chopped Salad, whose secret is the way the bits are tossed with Russian Dressing.  To me it is a regional specialty, because this is the region where I was introduced to it!  And in case you were worried about my exercise regime,  know that I followed on foot as Mike and Laurie played nine holes of golf!

No comments: